Plumber Pasir Panjang
Pasir Panjang Road, which when hugged the coast, was put down regarding the Jurong River by John Turnbull Thomson by 1850. Thomson was Government Property Surveyor of Singapore from 1841 to 1853. In 1910, the Government took control of the opium industry and a state-owned manufacturing facility was established at Pasir Panjang. In the 1920s, many of the well-off Chinese built holiday as well as household bungalows along the coast, several of which are still visible today around. In 1930, several of the Malay family members from the Kallang River Basin location were transplanted right here when Kallang Airport terminal was constructed. In 1957, the Malay negotiation below came to be referred to as the West Shore Malay Settlement. Right until the very early 1960s, this location had several Malay angling towns.